Bethel Bible College of the Caribbean-Jamaica is a Holiness Pentecostal College serving the global mission of the Church of God within the context of its strategic location in the Caribbean. Outlined below are the Institution’s core values:
- A Pentecostal biblically based theology.
- An ethos that supports a dual emphasis on academic and spiritual formation thus uniting scholarship and holiness for everyone in the learning community.
- A community that promotes reflection and scholarly, practical writing.
- A curriculum that allows space for critical reflection with opportunities for the integration of academic and field based experiences.
- A curriculum that reflects the local church ministry ideals while seeking to influence its practices.
- A student and community friendly atmosphere that uses technology to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- An emphasis on leadership development.
- Faculty who lead in exemplifying a commitment to scholarship and holiness.
- Faculty who take time to mentor students and are accessible.
- Faculty and students who are learners as well as teachers.
- The practice of wise stewardship of financial resources in fulfilling its mission.
- Flexibility within the College’s mission to address different learning circumstances.
- Knowledge of how to adapt well to change in a post-modern era.
DECLARATION OF FAITH
The Church of God believes the whole Bible to be completely and equally inspired and that it is the written Word of God. The Church of God has adopted the following Declaration of Faith as its standard official expression:
- In the verbal inspiration of the Bible
- In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son and Holy Ghost
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for the forgiveness of sins.
- That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- In sanctification subsequent to the new birth through faith in the blood of Jesus Christ through the Word and by the Holy Ghost.
- Holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people.
- In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
- In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
- In water baptism by immersion and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost.
- Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
- In the Lord’s Supper and washing of the saint’s feet.
- In the pre-millennial second coming of Jesus. First to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
- In the bodily resurrection, eternal life for the righteous and eternal punishment for the wicked