All full-time students are encouraged to make use of the accommodation provided by the College.
Fellowship in dormitory life must include respect for one another’s privacy, as well as enjoying one another’s company. Student rooms are a place for privacy, and therefore fellowship should take place in other areas.
Quiet Time is observed in the student dorms from 7:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m., Mondays to Fridays. Students are to refrain from making noise which may disturb others. Musical instruments, radios, etc., should be played at low volume.
The College must be able to account for the whereabouts of its students at all times. All students, therefore, are required to obtain permission, and then sign out, before leaving the College grounds. In the case of a need to be absent from the College overnight, the student must get special permission and state the location of residence and duration of stay.
Students must be aware that tampering with locks and the exchanging of keys are prohibited. The main entrance to the male and female dormitories will be locked at 11:00 p.m. Sundays to Thursdays and midnight on Fridays and Saturdays.
Students are not permitted to stay in the dorms during school holidays except with permission from the College administration.
Bedrooms are to be kept neat and tidy. No attempt must be made to paste/nail anything on the walls such as pictures, plaques, etc. Rooms are subject to inspections at anytime.
The rooms will be inspected weekly by the Dorm Supervisor. Students whose rooms remain in an unsatisfactory condition after an inspection will be subjected to disciplinary measures.
Damage to College Property
Under no circumstances should any student attempt to tamper with College fixtures or fittings. Students are responsible for any damage to College equipment and furnishings which are placed at their disposal during residency. In the case of an offender not being identified, the occupants of the room in question will be held jointly responsible for the damage and fines will be levied against their College account.
Male and Female Dormitory
The male and female dorms are out of bounds to students of the opposite sex.
- Dormitory Life
- The day’s activities commence at 6:00 a.m . except on Saturdays and Sundays. Students are expected to rise at this time, so that their routine duties may be completed before the class activities begin at 8:00 a.m.
- All students are to be in their dorms with lights out at 11:00 p.m. Sundays – Thursdays . In the rare case where a student returns from an official mission at a time which exceeds the 11 p.m. curfew, he/she is expected to retire as quickly as possible. On weekends lights out is extended to 12:00 midnight.
- Meals are served at approximately 7:00 a.m., 12:00 noon and 5:00 p.m. Students are not allowed to eat in their dorms except in the case of sickness, in which case the approval of the College administration must be sought. Cooking is not allowed on the dorms.
- Dorm rooms are not accessible to visitors except when permission is given by the College administration. Visitors should wait in the reception area or common room until contacts are completed.
- No student may enter another dormitory room without invitation.
- Under no circumstance will illegal drugs, intoxicating beverages, pets, or firearms, be allowed in the student halls.
- Household appliances such as hot plates, toasters, etc., will not be permitted in dormitories. Radios or tape recorders are allowed in rooms as long as they do not disturb other occupants.
- Personal TV’s are not permitted in the dorms. A TV for students is situated in the student’s common room. Personal desktop computers are not permitted in the dorms.
- Dorm Leadership - The duties and authority of Dorm Supervisors are as follows:
- To inquire, and report to College administration those matters which need attention such as: the general appearance of the building, utilities, and facilities.
- To provide means for student participation in dormitory life.
- To promote the spiritual life of the dorm members.
- To organize social activities for dorm members.
- To maintain a dormitory information board.
- To make reports on individual and corporate behaviour when necessary.
- To monitor dorm hygiene. Dorm floors and walls must be kept clean, garbage requires proper disposal, and bed linen must be changed regularly.
- To ensure that the dormitories are adequately cleaned before students depart for holidays. Students are not permitted to leave personal items in dormitories when going for summer holidays.
- To see that all windows and doors are locked, and all keys are handed to him/her, who in turn will submit such to the Student Services Office when students are leaving for holidays
- To establish duty roster and to ensure that students complete their assignments.
- No student is allowed access to the kitchen unless he/she is on duty.